Sunday, 17 July 2011

(Shh!)

It's Sunday, which means this is the last post in my week of projects using my July DT kit from The Scrapbook Garden. All six of my previous projects throughout the week have featured the Glitz Design papers, MME diecuts, Prima flowers and Thickers alphas that were in the kit, along with plain cardstock. One of the items in the kit had me a bit stumped though, and that was this gorgeous glazed cardstock from Bazzill.
I knew I needed a design with lots of white space, so that the pattern on the cardstock would take centre stage, so when I saw Challenge 22 from Punky Scraps I knew I'd found the perfect sketch.
I only had scraps of the Glitz Design papers left, and wanted something that would contrast more strongly with the black card, so I went back to last month's kit and grabbed some of the Basic Grey 'Hello Luscious' papers.
This photo of Mojo is one of those where I already had a title in mind. I generally add my title last, so I arranged and adhered the rest of the elements and then reached for my Thickers - only to be disappointed when I realised that there was no 's' left! Cue major panic - once a title is stuck in my head I find it really hard to choose another one. So what to do? Cheat of course! I grabbed the '8', made a few cuts and voila - an S! Can you tell?

12 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Hi Jules - I would never have guessed the 'S' was previously an '8' although I have done this myself with other letters. I think when using Thickers you have to be a bit inventive - especially when you are nearing the end of the pack! I love this layout using the Bazzill Glazed cardstock - great job! Ann x

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO Jules and very inventive over the 'S' - works perfectly.

Toni xx

Sandra said...

I honestly would never had said that it didn't start out life as an "s"

It's a really gorgeous layout

Jaqi said...

Fab layout, I wouldnt have noticed the alteration to the 's' you did a great job, and the butterflys on the flowers look fab

Bubbles said...

Yay! Great to see Mojo again... such the sweetest doggie!
I'm just trying out my first "white space" layout... but not doing too well atm. Still... yours is beautiful, and definitely gives a bit of inspiration my way. thank you! :)

Marie/Mison said...

Great take on the sketch!

Fifi-T said...

we've all been there with the thickers, but no I would never have known it used to be an 8. Love the white space showing off that beautiful paper.

Kat said...

wow...great layout! i love what you did with the sketch! thanks for playing along with us at punky scraps!!

misty said...

Love your take on the sketch and the bright colors on the black look fantastic!

Cheryl said...

great response to the sketch! thanks for playing along at Punky Scraps x

Elin said...

Great take on the sketch! And I like the sweet dog:) Thanks for playing at Punky Scraps

CraftySprinkles said...

Very cute page!! Great take on the sketch!!