Sunday, 7 August 2011

Bookworm

I'm really excited to be staying on for another term at The Studio Challenges, and especially excited to be creating layouts! The first challenge for August went up today, and is all about books.
"Your challenge is to gain your inspiration from books, whether that is a book cover, a title, story or something else..."
I decided to focus on my love of reading, and used a couple of rare photos of me taken by my DH, with my nose buried in a book.I used a past kit from Sarah's Cards, full of MME 'Stella and Rose' papers. I added some white paint to the base paper using the lid of my Adirondack paint dabber and some bubble wrap. I then built up the layers using strips of patterned paper and some of the fabulous embellishments from the kit, including the MME transparency and those gorgeous felt hearts.
This month the sponsor is Scrap Rat Kits. There is already a £10 voucher up for grabs for the scraplift challenge (redeemable against anything in the store) and Amanda is giving away a £15 voucher for the main August challenges! 
My craft room is now up and running, and I'm absolutely loving it! It's not completely finished, and the furniture will need to be moved around at some point in the future, but I've got everything stored on the Expedit unit now, and the desk is a joy to work on - much better than the kitchen table!
Thanks for stopping by :D

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the colours. x

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Oh lucky girl ..... your very own craft room - I can only dream! The layout is fab by the way. I think I may make some little felt hearts for my next layout they look really lovely. The colour combinations are great as well. Thanks for the inspiration Jules. Ann x

Pam said...

I love how the colour of the title and the background paper is the same!!

Sandra said...

What a gorgeous layout, looking forward to seeing the finished craft room

Ali said...

Really beautiful colours, and love your use of paint as well.

Glen said...

Lovely layout Jules. Nice to see a photo of you for a change. *Ü* I'm not a reader myself - magazines yes but not usually books. However, my 3 daughters do read - a lot, as I encouraged them as children and I did make a layout years ago about my youngest with her head in a book too! *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

misteejay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
misteejay said...

Super LO & congrats at being able to stay on at the studio.

Toni xx

Dan said...

Great LO! The love the contrast of the blue with the zesty orange :)

Elaina said...

Great LO. I love the colours you have used and the mixture of textures. Great idea for the paint bubbles as well.