Sunday, 21 August 2011

Wish You Were Here

It's challenge time over at The Studio again! This week, Amanda has challenged us to scrap about something that we're looking forward to. I decided to base my layout on this postcard that my parents sent to me when they were visiting my relatives in Vancouver. I haven't been out to see them yet, but I'm hoping to get there one day!
I've used mainly Sassafrass on this page - the papers are 'Ellie's Tale' with the matching foldies. I added some Pink Paislee 'Hometown Summer' paper to build up the layers. 
The alphas are Jillibean Soup and Pebbles. I've also used some Lily Bee chipboard and rub ons, American Crafts rub ons, Crate Paper lace and a Hambly transparency.
I decided that i didn't want to lose what my Mum had written on the postcard by adhering it to the page, so it's held on by the mini pegs and tucked into the embellishments at either side.
Pop over to The Studio blog and have a look at what the rest of the DT have come up with - you won't be disappointed!

My giveaway is still running -you could be in with a chance of winning a copy of the new Sassy Lil' Sketches eBook! All you have to do is become a follower (if you're not already) and when I hit 100 I'll let random.org do its stuff and choose one of those 100 people to receive the eBook :D Good luck!

10 comments:

vixen said...

Fantastic page and love the title using blue corrugated card :)

misteejay said...

Wonderful LO Jules.

Toni xx

Sue said...

aww what a great page..hope you get to go soon.

Glen said...

Ooo...so do I Jules! *├ť* Beautiful layout and that is a great idea to scrap a postcard. Lovely colour combo that you have chosen. TFS. ~Glen~

Sandra said...

Oh what a clever idea of yours, so as not to lose the handwriting. It's a truly breautiful layout

Becky Brombley - Craft Jar said...

LOvely idea to not lose your Mum's writing. And the pegs look so cute on the page. Becky x

Karen leonard said...

Super textured layout. really lovely. Karen

Claireliz said...

That is a gorgeous layout Jules.
C
xx

Brenda said...

What a beautiful page - I'll certainly be using the postcard idea. It's great.

Hannah said...

Great LO, love the colours and elements, especially the twine and pegs :) Sorry I haven't stopped by here much recently, it seems like it's been ages :)