Monday, 12 September 2011

Just The Cutest Face

Recently I decided to join in with the 'So You Think You Can Scrap' challenge over at Colorful Creations. 20 of us started off last Monday with the first challenge, which was to use two different types of handmade embellishment on a layout. Each challenge lasts a week, and each contestant who manages to fulfill the criteria will move on to the next round. The idea is that challenges will continue to be set until there's just one scrapper left. 
I used the August kit from The Sampler for this one - my July and August kits arrived together a couple of weeks ago, and I've been flitting from one to the other ever since! 
My two handmade embellishments are the paper roses made from the dictionary paper that came in the kit, and a rolled ribbon flower which I've topped with a rose embellishment.
I love that there are three different types of alpha sticker in the kit, I'm liking mixed alpha titles right now so it's perfect for me. I was also really pleased to see the Ranger paint dabber in Eggplant - I love purple but there aren't that many scrapping supplies that come in that colour. I used it on this layout by stamping circles with the lid from the dabber - another favourite technique at the moment!
My two handmade embellies got me through to round 2, so best get my thinking cap on for the next challenge!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Well done, and what a lovely layout. Looking forwrd to you winning :)

Holly* said...

lovely layout Jules! I love seeing these kits used and you have done it spectacularly!

misteejay said...

Fab LO Jules and Mojo is the prefect subject.

Love your flowers. Fingers crossed for you getting through the next round as I love seeing what you come up with.

Toni xx

Claireliz said...

Lovely LO Jules.
C
xx

Ali said...

love all you've done on this. Gorgeous photo, beautiful flowers, and love those dabbed circles.

Karen leonard said...

What a gorgeous layout, gorgeous dog and fabulous flowers. Karen x

Jenny said...

Congrattas! I love those flowers, I think thet are awesome and I love the LO.

SheShe said...

great page Jules! Thanks for playing along!