Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Mr Taz

This is my final layout for this month using the Authentique & sketch combination for Ann at The Scrapbook Garden. I've used cream Bazzill as my base, and I've mounted my photos on a piece of Bazzill Two Scoops cardstock, which is embossed with a lovely floral design. I've sanded the area around the photos to emphasis the embossed pattern, and to make the photos stand out more.
I used some of the elements from the Authentique Icons sheet around the photos, and layered three together as a base for my title. I also used the last of the Prima flowers that Ann sent with the papers, and added adhesive pearls to the centres. The title uses K&Co and Authentique alphas - I was running out of those lovely K&Co alphas, so I did a bit more doctoring and converted a 'V' and part of a 'J' into an 'A'!
I used a Technique Tuesday banner stamp on some scraps of the patterned paper, and cut the stamped images out to create the banner across the bottom of the page. I made this element slightly bigger than in the sketch, and curved it slightly. I also curled up the bottom points on each piece, to give more dimension to the page.
This is the sketch that I used, from Sassy Lil Sketches.

3 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Lovely layout Jules. Great job at altering the chipboard letters - would never have guessed! Ann x

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful layout.I love the blues and browns.

Ali said...

great use of the sketch and love the embossing.