Wednesday, 14 September 2011

The Road Less Traveled

This is my second layout combining the Authentique papers with a sketch, for Ann at The Scrapbook Garden
I absolutely love these papers, they're cardstock weight and have a lovely texture to them which makes them really easy to work with. 
It took me a while to come up with this title, as I was desperately trying to use the K&Co letters but couldn't come up with a suitable word with the letters that I had left. So I reached for my scissors, and a little bit of doctoring later my 'B' became an 'R'. The letters didn't show up very well on the papers that I used, so I backed them onto a paler piece. 

I loved the quote on the barcode strip at the bottom of each paper, and it seemed to fit very well with the theme of this layout, so I decided to use it as an embellishment.I used this sketch from Pencil Lines for my layout. I stuck to the basic sketch, but altered a couple of details - I didn't like the background piece that was at an angle so I made mine straight, and I also moved the title to the other side of the photo, and made it horizontal rather than vertical. I love using sketches as a starting point, but I rarely stick to them exactly. 

5 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Thanks Jules for creating this lovely layout using the Authentique 'Journey' Collection. I agree with you that these papers are gorgeous in colour and quality! Ann x

Bubbles said...

Stunning! I love all the little details that add so much to this layout - like the little stamp tucked behind the flowers. It's just beautiful!

Ali said...

Love your mix of papers, and you have done more than justice to the sketch - gorgeous.

Claireliz said...

That is a gorgeous layout Jules, really fab, love the colours & the photo.
C
xx

sutty said...

Beautiful page and those papers are lovely (glad I'm not the only one that doctors their alphabets :))