Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Smiler

This is my first layout from my latest kit from Ann at The Scrapbook Garden. Ann sent me some gorgeous Authentique goodies from the 'Journey' collection, including papers, headlines, icons and alphas. I've used some of the papers here with Bazzill Kraft cardstock. 
The DT challenge for this month is to use sketches. The sketch that I used for this layout is taken from Shimelle's blog. Shimelle runs a 'Scrapbooking Sketch of the Week' which is great for inspiration, particularly as she often includes a video showing how she's put her layout together. 
 
Ann also included the lovely K&Co alphas that I've used for my title. I love these, I just wish there was more than one of each letter, as I'll use them up very quickly!
The journaling reads: When I flick through my scrapbook albums it seems that every other layout featuring Mojo has some variation of the word 'smile' in the title somewhere. At one point I decided to stop using the word altogether. I challenged myself to come up with titles that didn't use the word 'smile' or anything vaguely resembling it, like 'chuckle', 'laugh' or 'grin'. But it was hard, very hard. I couldn't think of good titles, nothing felt right. Because at the end of the day that's what Mojo does. She smiles. She poses for the camera and she smiles. Cos she loves it. She loves being the centre of attention, she's the happiest dog I know. Her tail never stops wagging and her mouth never stops smiling. And you know what? I wouldn't have her any other way. She'll always be my Smiler :D

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I have a very smiley dog too :) and I think it's the best of titles, after all, they make us smile when we see them :). Loving this layout, mind you I say that on all your layouts.

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Thank you for creating this lovely layout of Mojo aka 'Smiler'. I love the colour of these patterned papers they work so well with lots of different layouts. Ann x

misteejay said...

Mojo is such a happy looking dog Jules - beautiful LO

Toni xx

TheGirlWhoBlogs said...

Your dog is seriously cute! Loving the pics and the layout.x

vixen said...

fantastic use of the sketch and love the photos :)