Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Day Dreaming

The current challenge over at The Studio is a colour palette of grey, pink and yellow. As soon as I saw it I knew I'd be reach for Crate Paper's 'Restoration' collection. I just adore these papers, and since I haven't used any for a while I decided this was the perfect opportunity!
I've used a photo of Mojo (just for a change!) which was taken on the decking that we had in the back garden at the old house. I decided to use some of the woodgrain paper from the 'Restoration' collection to complement the photo and break up the strong yellow and pink tones from the other papers. 
I had my usual alpha issue - I knew what I wanted my title to be, but couldn't find the right alphas! In the end I resorted to using an upside down 'V' as an A, but looking at it now, I'm not sure if I should have added a bit across the middle? Oh well.
I love the border stickers from Crate Paper, I used the last of my 'Restoration' ones on this layout, which was a very hard thing to do! I used Shimelle's sketch of the week for this layout.
Be sure to pop back later, as I've got The Sampler October kit to reveal, and a blogger award to pass on - it's all go around here! :D

5 comments:

misty said...

Great page and I think the upside down v looks perfect...I actually didn't even notice until you mentioned it!

Ali said...

gorgeous - colours and textures.

sutty said...

What a beautiful photo, love the papers and colours - great page.

Bubbles said...

The V is a perfect A... and that woodgrain paper is a stroke of genius - it really does blend in with, and yet break up, the block of colours.

Patricia said...

beautiful choice of colors...