Friday, 21 October 2011

Halloween Home Decor

I'm absolutely thrilled to be the Guest Designer over at Precocious Paper this month - I love Tessa's fabulous handmade flowers and accessories, so designing with them has been an absolute pleasure :D
I knew I wanted to make a home decor piece for my upcoming Halloween party, so I was very excited to see that many of the pieces in Tessa's October Sampler 'Pumpkin Patch' went perfectly with the Echo Park 'The Apothecary Emporium' collection. I mixed and matched papers, stickers, flowers and ribbons to create this photo frame.
These gorgeous rolled satin flowers had to take pride of place in the centre, and I love the contrast between the orange of the flowers and the black of the candelabra sticker behind. 
I've used the third rolled flower in this frame, with two of the pins that held the gorgeous ribbons on the clothes pegs that Tessa rolls them on (which is just a lovely touch). I've also used some of the ribbon underneath the flower, and rolled some of it to create the banner above. 
I've used the black and grey layered flower and some of the black and white spotty ribbon in this frame. I had to add the 'Beware of black cats' sticker - ok mine's black and white, but he should definitely come with a warning!
I used some of the white tulle in this frame to look like fog, and added a bit more of the black and white spotty ribbon to the layered panel underneath. I need a better way to adhere Mr Bat, as he keeps leaping off the fog and onto the shelf - any ideas?
Finally I've just used a strip of the orange paper ribbon at the top of this frame, to give a bit of contrast behind the tree.
If you want to play with your own October Sampler, they're still available in Tessa's Etsy shop, here
  
Thanks for letting me play Tessa! 

3 comments:

Elaina said...

Great project, I bet it will be greatly admired at your party.

misteejay said...

Jules that is a super piece.

Have you tried a blob of Glossy Accents for your runaway bat?

Toni xx

Glen said...

WOW! Fab tray Jules *Ü* I LOVE Halloween anything as you may well know! *Ü* This is inspiring. TFS. ~Glen~