Monday, 10 October 2011

So You Think You Can Scrap

Amazingly, I'm still in the 'So You Think You Can Scrap' challenge over at Colorful Creations. I thought the last challenge would see me out, but I managed to post my layout just before the deadline! I'm now into round 6, and I realised that I've only shown the layout from round 1 on here, so this is a bit of a catch up post!
Round 2: This was a challenge in two parts - the first was to use a black background which was easy enough, and the second was to pick one of six sketches to use as the left hand side of a double layout, with the right hand side being a mirror image. This is my take - 'The Many Faces of Mojo', which was made with the July kit from The Sampler.
Round 3: This was another challenge in two parts, and the sketch was the easy bit this time! We all had the same sketch, and it called for a single page layout, but the twist was to use a specific time in the title. This is my take - '6am Time to Crow!', which was made with the August kit from Sarah's Cards.
Round 4: This took some thinking about! The challenge was to make an 'all white' layout - the only thing that could be coloured was the photo. I dug through my stash for this one and pulled out anything white that I could find! The butterfly transparency is Hambly (and is whiter than it looks in the photo), the roses are Pebbles brads, and the alphas are Thickers. I punched some butterflies from white cardstock using a Martha Stewart butterfly punch, and used a Fiskars border punch to add some interest under the title.
 
Round 5: When I saw this challenge I thought it would be the one to put me out of the running - we had to scrap a layout using at least 3 Halloween papers, which was about a phobia. The photo had to be of ourselves or our phobia, and the journaling had to be at least 25 words long. I've never been a huge fan of Halloween, and so didn't have any Halloween papers to speak of. But, as we didn't have a housewarming when we moved in, I'd decided to throw a Halloween party instead, so I ordered the Echo Park 'Apothecary' collection pack and made this layout about my phobia of creatures with wings!
I'm really happy with the way this one turned out, and I'm pleased to say I've got loads of the collection pack left to make invitations and decorations for our spooky gathering :D
So, onto round 6, and the challenge is to scrap a calendar layout, featuring at least 7 days from one of the last four months - wish me luck!

3 comments:

Ali said...

I think we know you can scrap :) - well done for getting so far in the challenge - love those LOs, especially the white one and the rooster - gorgeous colours. Looking forward to seeing your progression.

Justine B said...

Great LOs - especially the chicken title. Will have to scraplift that sometime. Good luck!

Bubbles said...

Loadsa luck! Not that you'll be needing it :)
I love seeing the photographs and layouts of such a beautiful doggy... but gotta love the 6am crowing!
However, my absolute favourite of all these... might just have to be the halloween one of you. AND I'm right there with you bout the whole flying insect thing. Eugh!