Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Autumn Collage

I've been experimenting more with canvases recently, Christy Tomlinson style, so when I was deciding what to do for my fourth project with the Authentique 'Gathering' papers from Ann at The Scrapbook Garden, and all I had left were scraps, I decided to do a mini canvas collage.
I pulled all of my scraps together (including the waste from one of the butterflies that I cut for the butterfly frame!), adhered them to a 5x7" canvas board using matte multi medium, and then got messy with several paint dabbers (Snow Cap, Mushroom, Hazelnut and Cloudy Blue) and two Tando Creative masks (leaves and sequin waste). 
I finished off by adding the rest of the Authentique 'Gathering' Excerpts, some of the MME rub ons, and one of the Tando Creative birds (which was painted with the mushroom and cloudy blue paint dabbers).


3 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Stunning Jules! Thanks for creating it. Ann x

Jaqi said...

I love it, its fab, and the little bird is so cute. Thanks for sharing how it came together you make it look so easy. I love working with sequin waste doesnt it look great? well done

Julia Smith said...

Love this piece Jules, I love Christy's work too, amazing how you pull all those little bits together eh! Great job