Sunday, 4 December 2011

And They Call It Puppy Love

It's challenge time over at The Studio, and this month it's my turn to set the challenges! I thought I'd go against the current trend, and challenge everyone to create an everyday layout using Christmas themed papers. I've got so many left over from last year, that I need to use some of it up before I can justify buying any more! I reached for the Echo Park 'Merry Christmas' line for this layout, as I thought the browns and reds in the collection would tone well with this photo of Mojo.
I even used some of the alphas from the sticker sheet that came with the collection, and teamed them with the gorgeous red glitter thickers from American Crafts.  
I also managed to use some of the Tim Holtz tissue tape that I've been hanging onto for 'just the right project'! I splashed the background with some Snow Cap paint dabber, which I flicked on with an old toothbrush.
This month's sponsor is The Scrapbook Garden, an online scrapbooking store based here in the UK. Ann, the owner, has donated a fabulous Christmas kit full of papers, alphas and embellishments ready for your Christmas layouts!
To be in the running, simply create a layout that satisfies the challenge, post it on your blog or in a gallery, and leave a direct link to your layout in the comments at The Studio. Happy scrapping!


2 comments:

Sue said...

Fab page, great photo and gorgeous tissue tape!

Dan said...

You were right, the browns and reds work so well with that photo - great job!