Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Noel

It's sketch time over at The Sampler, and I'm a little sad as this is my last one as a DT member :( I love Holly's sketches though, so will definitely keep joining in with the challenge next year, and I can't wait to see what the new team create!I'm still waiting for my December kit, but I have got the handmade embellishments that come with it, as Holly sent me those separately. I pulled bits from the September and October kits to go with them, and was very pleased to be able to come up with a suitably themed layout!

I started with a Kraft background, which I stamped and embossed using a snowflake stamp from my stash, and some white embossing powder. I added some squares cut from the My Minds Eye paper from the September kit, alternating sides. I made sure that the stripes ran in alternate directions too, to add extra interest.
I matted my photo of Mojo in the snow onto white card, and added the stamped image underneath using Cobalt Archival Ink. I also tied the blue bakers twine from the October kit around the photo.
I split the MME pearl swirl from the September kit, and added it to each side of the photo. I used the Cobalt ink again to stamp some small snowflakes, and the 'so happy' sentiment from the MME stamp set also in the September kit. Finally, the 'Noel' embellishment from the December kit works perfectly as the title.
Don't forget to stop by the Sampler blog to check out the sketch, and see what the rest of the DT have made!

3 comments:

misteejay said...

Super LO Jules and a beautiful photo to display upon it.

Toni xx

Monique Liedtke said...

What a super layout Jules! love how you did the title! and what a coincidence that we printed our photos exactly the same for this layout!

Queenie said...

Gorgeous layout Jules!!
Hugs
Tracy
xx