Tuesday, 3 January 2012

2012 Calendar

I'm thrilled to announce that I've joined the 2012 Design Team at Truly Madly Crafty :D The lovely Maxine runs two blogs as well as her shop website (I don't know where she finds the time!) and I'll be contributing to both. My first project is for the Challenge Blog, where the January challenge is 'Anything Goes'. 
I made this 2012 calendar using a cheap photo frame from The Range. I took out the glass and punched two holes in the back of the frame and fed two large book rings through. I then cut 13 pieces of white card just slightly smaller than the inside of the frame, and punched matching holes in the top of each.
I stuck to the same basic template for each of the calendar pages - a photo, a piece of patterned paper, a border strip and a small calendar mounted on card. I've used the Crate Paper 'Random' papers and border stickers, and Anita's calendar tabs.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and as it was a last minute gift, I'm very pleased that the recipient liked it too! The rest of the DT have made some fabulous projects, so make sure you stop by and have a look, and don't forget to have a go at the challenge while you're there, Maxine has a great prize to give away :D  




Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Congrats on your DT post.
Love the idea of using the frame for the calendar. Very clever

Pam said...

wow-taht's so cool!!

Clare said...

What a lovely calendar!

Claireliz said...

Oh this is stunning Jules, I really do love all of your creations.
C xx