Sunday, 15 January 2012

60th Birthday Mini

It was my friend's 60th birthday this weekend, so I made her a mini book to keep all her photos of the big day in!
I used card blanks as the base of the mini book, and glued 8 back to back to give 16 pages.
I then took two more cards, laid them side by side and then moved them together so they overlapped. I adhered the  overlapping sides together, and then scored a second fold at each side. I adhered my pile of cards to the middle, and wrapped the two sides around to form the cover. 
I decorated each of the pages with the gorgeous papers in the GCD 'Paris Nights' collection. I especially love the flocked papers, and I knew my friend would too.
I finished it off with some Pebbles border stickers (from the Mr&Mrs collection, I think), some Thickers and some black satin ribbon.
I was very pleased with how it turned out, and I think my friend was too :D

*In other scrappy news, I made it through to the first round of the Practical Scrappers layout competition. Making it through to the second round depends on the number of votes my layout gets - it's up on the Practical Scrappers blog, in Group 3, and voting is today only, so fingers crossed! I'll find out next weekend if I got enough votes to go through to the next round...

6 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Beautiful Jules - I am sure your friend will love it. Just to let you know that I voted for you in the Practical Scrappers layout competition - good luck! Ann x

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

I am sure your friend will love this very classy mini book

sixofone aka Leah said...

That's a lovely mini. I;m sure your friend will really like it

Ang said...

Love this mini, it looks so classy. Im sure your friend will love it too

Helen T said...

What a great idea, I will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Claireliz said...

That is Gorgeous & well done, with Practical Scrappers :D
c xx