Thursday, 5 January 2012

Christmas Album

We've taken all of the decorations down today, and I hate the feeling of emptiness it leaves behind, so I'm going to fill it by sharing my Christmas album! I fully intended to complete Shimelle's JYC this year, as I completely failed last year, but as usual life got in the way. I did take a load of photos though, so I've done a retrospective Christmas album instead :D
I mainly used the gorgeous Crate Paper 'Peppermint' collection - all I added to it was some seam binding in red and green, a bit of Tim Holtz tissue tape on the spine, and an odd Studio G rub on from a sheet that I picked up in The Range for 25p, bargain! Oh, and the numbers on the cover are Thickers.
I built the journal from scratch by folding pieces of patterned paper and gluing them back to back. Before I share the rest of the photos with you (and there are a lot!) I must apologise for my sewing - it's only the second time I've used my sewing machine on paper, and the first time I've sewed through photo paper. I think I need to work on the tension, and on sewing in a straight line....
The rest of the post is photo heavy - but I hope you like them!
If you made it this far, thank you! I hope it was worth it :D
Pin It

8 comments:

beccaf1970 said...

Very nice! I'm still working on mine too...I never manage to finish in December (too busy), but I love to play catch up in January! Love how you mixed the different page sizes and stitched the papers together.

misteejay said...

Wow, what a super album - love the gingerbread embellies.

Happy New Year Jules.

Toni xx

Olivia said...

Love your album & all the different size pages xx

Beverly said...

worth it? definitely, this is a fabulous JYC album, so cute!

Ali said...

wow, a marathon effort, beautifully coordinated.

Ang said...

Love it, such a lot of work, well done you

Terri said...

A gorgeous album. I'm trying to work my way through the Jyc prompts.

Sue said...

wow that is GORGEOUS! love all the big
photos