Sunday, 8 January 2012

Live for Today

It's week two of 'One Word, One Technique' on the Truly Madly Crafty blog, and it's my turn to provide the example.
So, what is 'One Word, One Technique'? Well, we have assigned a different technique to each month of the year, and each week has a specific word. The idea is that you create a project based on that week's word, and using that month's technique. You could create a one off project each time, or challenge yourself to create one big project. I've decided to plunge into the world of art journaling for my example - I'll create an art journal page using the month's technique, and based around a quote containing the word for that week. The idea is that I'll end up with 12 pages, which I'll bind together at the end of the year.
I've taken inspiration for my page from Karen Grunberg - I just love her art journaling style, her pages are bright and fun without looking cluttered, and I love the fact that she leaves white space.
If you want to know how I put this page together, there are a couple of 'in progress' photos and a walk through on the Truly Madly Crafty blog.
This is the first art journal page that I've completed and been pleased with - I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of Maxine's techniques and prompts lead me to create!
Hopefully this challenge will inspire you as well, and I hope you'll join in :D

13 comments:

biskit said...

Welcome to art journalling! It's a fab page you've done, noting to be nervous about at all! x

My simple life said...

beautiful page, love all the inking

Sarah said...

Purty! Enjoy the world of art journalling :)

Weasel said...

Great colours Jules - and I also love the white space xx

Claireliz said...

Welcome to the world of art journaling :D Love your first page, love the colours you've used & the Live for today theme.
C xx

Sue said...

lovely colours.Looks like it was fun to do.

fatmonica said...

it's brilliant!

Clare said...

That's brilliant! I've done a few AJ pages now, all of which are UGLY!!! Well done!

Queenie said...

Love how you put this journal page together Jules..woohooo you!!
Hugs
Tracy
xxx

Shirley said...

Loving your page Jules, looking forward to seeing the others as they appear.
Welcome to the world of Art Journalling. :-)

Dan said...

What a great start you've made to your journalling project!

gillyb's crafting blog said...

wow that is a BEAUTIFUL page - love it.

Emy said...

Fabulous page - well done :)