Tuesday, 31 January 2012

She Art Canvases

I made these 6x12" canvases for two of my colleagues as Christmas presents. I used a lot of the techniques, and a couple of the templates from Christy Tomlinson's She Art workshop. Each of the girls is supposed to look like the colleague she was for - which my colleagues realised so I'm guessing I did a good enough job!
I had so much fun with these! I started off with a patterned paper background by collaging together scraps from the Crate Paper 'Neighborhood' 6x6 paper pad, then slapped some acrylic paint on top. I added some interest by stamping with archival ink and paint, and dabbing modelling paste coloured with acrylic paint through a Crafters Workshop template.    
I used Christy's templates and some more of the Crate Paper scraps to put the girls together, and then defined them with some paint and doodles. My colleagues picked the quote they wanted, which I typed out and added to each canvas. 
There really is something so satisfying about a handmade gift that is well received :D


5 comments:

Sandra said...

These are amazing, I can just imagine how well they were received

sixofone aka Leah said...

These are so pretty. I'm sure the recipients were thrilled

Pam said...

These are gorgeous-I love the backgrounds!!

fatmonica said...

These are fabulous!I bet they're hanging proudly on the recipients' walls right now!

Claireliz said...

They are stunning Jules, i really should sign up for a She Art course.
C
xx