Thursday, 9 February 2012

Cutie

The February challenge is up at Truly Madly Crafty, and this month Maxine wants to see projects with 'ribbon and bling'. Ribbon, yep no problem, bling...not so much! I definitely had to get my thinking cap on for this one!
I started with the ribbon - I got this lovely seam binding in a Sampler kit, and I got so much that I hadn't used it all. I was originally just going to use one colour, but the three of them looked so gorgeous together, and worked really well with the Crate Paper 'Emma's Shoppe' papers and border stickers. I chose a photo of Mojo that had some white space on one side, so that I could tie the ribbons round without obscuring the image. I trimmed them to size and added three of the ends to the right hand side of the photo, for balance. 
So, I had the ribbon, the papers and border stickers from CP, a couple of die cuts from a Pink Paislee ephemera pack, and those gorgeous burlap chipboard alphas, but what to do about the bling?
I had another rummage around in my stash, and cmae up with a pack of Teresa Collins 'Blingage', which contained some black gems. Perfect! Subtle bling is definitely something I can do - so I added some black ink splatters and dotted a few of the black gems in and among. Job done!
We had a massive number of entries last month, thank you to everyone who joined in! Maxine has got another great prize up for grabs this month, so I hope you'll join us again :D

6 comments:

Sandra said...

This really is gorgeous, you create the most stunning layouts, you really do :)

Glen said...

Mojo certainly is a photogenic dog Jules and this layout shows off his character very well. Very nicely balanced. Love the ribbons. TFS. ~Glen~

fatmonica said...

It's a great layout.I love the ribbon framing the photo.It really makes it stand out-and it's a great one.

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Hi Jules - I have awarded you 'The Liebster Award' - see my blog for details. Beautiful layout by the way (as always). Ann x

Sue said...

gorgeous

misteejay said...

Mojo is certainly a perfect photographic model - beautiful LO Jules.

Toni xx