Sunday, 5 February 2012

Roses Are Red...

This week's challenge over at The Studio is to scrap about love without using hearts. As my DH is somewhat camera shy (and has told me I'm not allowed to use photos of him on anything that will appear on this blog) I have to be a bit more inventive when I'm creating layouts about the two of us! 
I've used lots of Studio Calico, with a bit of Hambly washi tape and my favourite MME stamp set (from the Lost & Found 2 collection). I was also brave enough to use my sewing machine to stitch on a layout for the first time! I've used it for mini books so far, but not on an actual layout. I'm reasonably pleased with the result, but I definitely need to practise sewing in a straight line!



I hope you'll join us at The Studio this month - the winner of the February challenges will get to be the Guest Designer for March!

3 comments:

fatmonica said...

It's a great layout and the rose works brilliantly in place of a heart!

Paper Cadillac said...

What a lovely LO. I'm trying to pluck up the courage to start using my sewing machine on LOs too! Yours looks great I'm inspired to give it a go :D

Claireliz said...

That is a lovely layout as always Jules.
C xx