Sunday, 19 February 2012

Sleepy Kitty

This week's challenge over at The Studio is a sketch created by our very own Anna, and it's a fab one! 


I've gone Marcy Penner-esque again for this one, she has a style that I've totally clicked with - the plain white background, black ink splatters and muted colours. I used the gorgeous woodgrain paper from the Crate Paper 'Peppermint' collection as my main background, and added a smaller square of plain white card on top, sewed around the edges and splattered some ink.

Then I went mad with some Studio Calico papers, and two different punches - a 1" circle punch, and a hole punch (I used the waste from this to create my smaller circles). I arranged my circles across the page, and adhered each one with a drop of glossy accents. Finally I added the photo over the top of the circles, with a couple of stamped highlights on the left hand side. I used a couple of the larger circles as a frame for my title, which is made with Studio Calico exclusive Basic Grey alpha stickers. 

I hope you'll pop over to The Studio and have a go at the sketch challenge - we've got 3 new design team members joining us this week, and they've made some fantastic layouts!

*ETA: I've been playing around with my blog design, so I apologise if some of my previous posts look a bit odd! I'd appreciate any feedback on the new look, particularly the size of the pictures. Thanks!

5 comments:

Pam said...

That's a lovely layout-simple but interesting

misteejay said...

Lovely LO Jules - the soft colours are beautiful.

Toni xx

Emilie said...

Aww, such a sweety! Lovely LO. I love all the details.

Donna said...

What a gorgeous LO! Very effective. btw - picture sizes are good I think. I need to do something similar on my blog.

Claireliz said...

Another very pretty layout Jules, love your style.
Cxx