Sunday, 12 February 2012

Smile!

I'm a bit late posting this - it's been up on the Truly Madly Crafty blog for a week now! This is my latest 'One Word, One Technique' project - the word was 'smile' and the technique was stamping. This combination made me think about stamping on layout, and how I don't really do it enough, so I grabbed a photo of Mojo which I thought would work well with the word 'smile' in the title, my favourite set of My Minds Eye stamps from the Lost & Found 2 collection and my little alpha stamps, and this is the result: 


I splashed some black ink onto the white card and then built up the border on the left hand side. The MME stamp set contains three different banner stamps, which I've stamped with black archival ink at various intervals along the edge. I then cut some banner pieces from Hambly washi tape and filled in the gaps.

I added three more strips of the washi tape for the photo and title to sit on, some stamped hearts from the MME stamp set, and some Studio Calico butterflies. I used Studio Calico alpha stickers for the main title, and added the subtitle with the small alpha stamps.


Those of you who are regular readers will know that Mojo usually poses for the camera, and always looks like she's smiling, but for some reason on the day I took this photo she was in a sulk and wouldn't pose for me - hence my title!

6 comments:

fatmonica said...

It's a great layout!I love all the banners down the side and the wording's spot on!

misteejay said...

This LO made me smile as yes, Mojo is normally smiling or laughing at the camera. The photo still makes a fab image for this lovely LO.

Toni xx

Claireliz said...

I love this Jules, your border of banners on the side is stunning.
C xx

she3655 said...

I love how you've done the banner down the side, great layout Jules, the pic is great, the wording is spot on lol..xx

photosglitterglue said...

Banners and a cute pup. Can't get much better!! I love how you always scrap your very cute dog. It's motivating me to scrap my furry babies more!

~jan said...

Love this, Jules! Those banners and that sweet photo, sulky pup and all, are jus wonderful!