Friday, 23 March 2012

{32}

This is my second layout using the brand new papers that Ann sent to me from The Scrapbook Garden. I've used the same Prima papers from the last layout (from the new 'Almanac' collection).
I started off with a plain black background (Bazzill cardstock in 'Blackbird') and added a couple of stripes of white paint using a paint dabber in the top right and bottom left corners. I then layered pieces of the Prima papers over the top. 
In the top right I added a black and white photo over the papers, and tucked a couple of the Bazzill die cut flowers above and below the bottom paper strip. I gathered a length of the Bazzill tulle and used a tiny attacher to loosely secure it to the paper strip, and finished the left hand side with a Delish Designs brad. I coloured three of the pieces from the Tando Creative 'Hearts and Wings' using a Dylusions ink spray in Hot Pink, and tucked the heart under the tulle strip.
In the bottom left I added my title using MME 'Lush' alphas. I created the layered flower with three of the Bazzill die cut pieces and a Delish Designs brad. I curled the petals to give the flower dimension, and then added the wings to either side.
Don't forget that this is the last day to enter my 200th post giveaway - leave a comment on the post below to be in with a chance of winning a Mini Smash Book. I'll be drawing the winner tomorrow (Saturday)!

3 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Love that flower with the wings! The touch of bright pink really makes everything 'pop'. Ann x

Ali said...

This is lovely. I love the white space (or black space, in this case! :lol:) and the white paint and the contrast of the patterned papers. The flower and little elements are lovely.

Claireliz said...

This is gorgeous Jules.
C xx