Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty, Purr Purr Purr

Yes, I'm a fan of 'Big Bang Theory', and yes, I've seen someone use this as a title before. But don't ask me who, or where - it's one of those things that just crept into the back of my head, and leapt out when I was creating this layout. I started off with just the 'sleepy kitty' part, without the Big Bang reference - she's a kitty and she looks sleepy - but it didn't look quite right somehow. So I put the layout to one side and did something else for a bit. And while I was doing whatever else it was that I was doing, I remembered the layout that I'd seen that used the lyrics to Sheldon's song, and I realised what my layout was missing.
I used the scraps that I had left from a Sarah's Cards kit (whichever month it was that had Crate Paper's 'Random' collection as the focus). I ordered extra bits from the 'Random' collection to go with this kit, and I've used almost all of it. I was a bit stuck with what to do with all of the number stickers, until I decided to create a banner under my photos with them. Unfortunately when I started the banner I failed to notice that I'd already used the '3' on another project, so ended up having to add one from the alpha stickers instead. Oh well, apart from being a little on the small side, I think it works. 
I can't wait for the new Crate Paper collections to make their way over to the UK, they look fabulous!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Just totally, totally stunning. We're huge big bang fans in our home, so I loved this title :)

Emilie said...

Gorgeous LO! I love how you used those stckers!!!

Dan said...

Huge BBT fan here too, love the LO! :)