Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Just Love Your Puzzled Look

Some of the new lines from Winter CHA are starting to arrive at The Scrapbook Garden, and Ann sent me some samples to play with, along with the challenge to create my own handmade embellishments. No problem! For my first layout I chose one of the gorgeous papers from the Prima 'Almanac' collection. The one I chose has some gorgeous cut apart elements on one side, and a lovely pink and white pattern on the other.
I started off by spreading some gesso over a kraft background, with a scrap of leftover card, and then placed my photos. I added some of the cut out elements around the photos, and at the top and bottom of the page. The small alphas in the title are also cut from the same sheet of paper, and the larger chipboard alphas are My Minds Eye.
I made the flower by layering a Bazzill flower die cut, some Bazzill tulle and a Delish Designs brad. I gathered some of the tulle by folding it in half lengthways, and then sewing a loose running stitch through both layers before pulling it tight to form a circle.
I used the sketch from the latest sketch challenge at Scrap365 - I do love a good sketch!

*I can't quite believe it, but my next post will be post #200! Keep your eyes peeled for a little celebratory giveaway :D*

12 comments:

Jaqi said...

Lovely layout, it all goes together beautifully.
I especially like the way you have done the title , and the bits at the bottom and top of the layout, and of course that gorgeous flower , its all fab

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Hi Jules - thanks for creating this lovely layout using Prima Almanac patterned paper. The Bazzill Tulle makes a lovely, soft flower - gorgeous! Ann x

My simple life said...

Great layout and love the flower :)

Glen said...

I just love that Mojo face Jules - soo cute...and I am not a 'doggy' person. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

Dan said...

Awww, what cute photos! I love all the little details on this layout.

misteejay said...

Fab LO Jules. Your titles are always perfect for the expressions on Mojo's face.

Toni xx

Alix said...

oh this is super...and your dog really does look puzzled!!

Ali said...

love your gesso and mixed letter title.

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous layout as always Jules, my pooch likes to pull that expression too.
C xx

fatmonica said...

I love your layouts with your dog-he's so photogenic!

Sue said...

gorgeous layout

Ali said...

This is fab! I love the photos and the neutral colour scheme of the LO is great... I especially like the scraped gesso and the mixed alphas in the title.

P.S. Got a blog award for you over at my blog. :)