Monday, 19 March 2012

Precious

This is my second layout for Ann at The Scrapbook Garden, using the new papers that she sent me. I dipped into some of the Glitz Design 'Pretty in Pink' papers for this layout.
I started off with a plain background (Bazzill 'French Vanilla'), which I sprinkled with some black ink. I added some of the gorgeous papers at the top and bottom of the page, and behind the photo.
I wanted to show how versatile punches can be when you're creating your own embellishments. I used two on this layout - a butterfly punch and a circle punch. The butterflies add visual interest and a bit of dimension if you only secure them in the middle and let the wings stand out. I used 7 1" circles for the flower, folding 6 and securing them to the 7th as a base. I finished the centre of the flower with a Delish Designs brad.
Don't forget that my 200th post giveaway is still open - leave a comment on the post below to be in with a chance of winning a Mini Smash Book :D

4 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Hi Jules - lovely layout showing what you can do without adding 'bought' embellishments. Love the flower! Ann x

Dan said...

What a lovely layout - the sprinkled ink is a great touch!

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous layout Jules, your pooch is so photogenic :D
C xx

nospacelikehome said...

Just a quick note to let you know, I've nominated you for a Liebster blog award :)

http://nospacelikehome.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/id-like-to-thank-my-parents/