Sunday, 1 April 2012

Big Yawn

Today's challenge at The Studio is a recipe one - there are six ingredients, and you need to use at least three on your layout. The DT decided to really push themselves and tried to include all six!
I just about managed it! The six ingredients are: twine (banner string); ink (lots of stamping and doodling); washi tape (at the top of the photo); kraft (background); star (either end of the banner); and die cuts (the 'be true.' and 'be positive.' are both die cuts from Pink Paislee that I've trimmed down to fit the layout).
Most of this layout is from the MME 'Follow Your Heart' collection, including the stamps. I added the Pink Paislee die cuts, a couple of Fancy Pants chipboard stars, some Amy Tangerine alphas and the washi tape.
I tried to alter the 'remember this date' chipboard element from the MME collection, but I managed to stamp upside down, d'oh! I stamped again the right way up and am keeping my fingers crossed that it looks ok! Note to self - always check your stamp's the right way up before you use it!
Head on over to The Studio and see what the rest of the DT have come up with, there are some amazing layouts this week!

8 comments:

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Love the hexagons and banner

~jan said...

What a great shot of your kitty, Jules! Im loving all of your stamping and those hexigons are just awesome!

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Love this layout Jules. I think the date stamp looks great upside down (rustic is the word I use if things go awry!). Ann x

Dan said...

Loving the hexagons and bunting! :)

Emilie said...

So gorgeous and so trendy too! I love it!

misteejay said...

Just yawning like that must have been exhausting LOL

Fab LO and I love the bunting.

Toni xx

vixen said...

Loving the Hexagons and colours fantastic Layout :)

Zarah said...

Found this on Pinterest. Loved it - came here to see who to credit. Love it still! :D