Sunday, 15 April 2012

Little Lion Man

This week's challenge over at The Studio is to use a song title as the title on your layout. You'd think that wouldn't be a problem for a music lover, but it turns out I listen to some weird and wonderful, and mainly depressing stuff! I finally found this song by Mumford & Sons, and decided it went perfectly with my photo of Donnie prowling in the garden.
I used the My Minds Eye 'Follow Your Heart' collection from this month's sponsor - Craft Island. I actually bought these before I knew Jacqui had agreed to be a sponsor, so I feel more than happy saying that her shop and service are both fabulous! 
I just love the stamp sets that coordinate with both of the 'Follow Your Heart' collections, and although I've stuck to the 'Be Amazing' side for the papers and embellishments, I've used both stamp sets as they mix and match beautifully.
The title is Thickers from Amy Tangerine, but I thought all three words in the same pattern looked a bit too  much, so I altered the four alphas in 'lion' with a black ink pad.
I hope you'll join in with the challenge this week, and definitely pop over and see what the rest of the DT have done, there are some great layouts and a real mix of song titles!
I actually made two layouts for this challenge - I've ended up using the second one that I made as I think it's a better choice of song title, but I do really like the first layout, so I'll be back to show you it in a day or so :D

10 comments:

vixen said...

Lovely page Love the use of Hexigons and love the colours, may have to get this paper collection me thinks. Thanks for sharing :)

Emilie said...

I love those papers! Your layout is so gorgeous and inspirational!

Kazzy said...

Gorgeous LO...those papers are yummy aren@t they?

Lorna said...

I love this. Hexagons are just so in and i love your design. Love the colours and the scattered buttons.

Claireliz said...

Gorgeous layout Jules.
C xx

Glen said...

Beautiful layout Jules. So fresh and vibrant. I love the hexagons. TFS. ~Glen~

Ashley Rock said...

Great layout!! What a cute pic of your kitty!

Monique Liedtke said...

Fab layout Jules!! Love those papers and love your design!! Am now curious to what kind of music you listen, LOL!
Thanks for asking me to guest design!! Really enjoyed myself!

Emy said...

Lovely - A great use of hexagons

Zarah said...

Love those papers and love the LO too! Fab photo, as well. :D