Monday, 23 April 2012

Perfect Morning

This is my take on Shimelle's latest Glitter Girl challenge - to use an 'a' side with a bold pattern as the main paper on your page. This was definitely a challenge for me, and very different to what is becoming my usual style. 
I based my layout on one of the sketches that Shimelle included with the challenge, and used lots of Crate Paper 'Storyteller', plus Studio Calico alphas and some washi tape.
I'm not sure if I like it or not, and it probably won't surprise you to know that the next layout I did had a plain white background! 

12 comments:

Karen leonard said...

I really love patterned paper, and think you have made a totally fabulous page.
Karen x

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Very striking Jules! Ann x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeee the colors and the cork pieces!

Alana said...

Love all the different textures and colours. Lovely and bright for a grey day:)

vixen said...

Lovely Layout :)

Louise said...

popped across from UKS. Amazing layouts.

Claireliz said...

I love it Jules, it's fab.
C x

Kate said...

OOh i like this :0) Great layout xx

S said...

Excellent job - the way you embellished the page definitely holds up to the strong pattern.

Zarah said...

Wow! These bold papers and I, we don't se eye to eye, so it makes me so happy and impressed to see how WELL you made them work! Great job, beautiful LO!

Monique Liedtke said...

Absolutely fab Jules!!!! I love this Crate line and am really impressed how you "solved" this challenge!!!
Hugs!

Valerie said...

Love this Jules!!! Beatiful pattern & element mix & great use of white space :)