Sunday, 3 June 2012

Beautiful

Today's challenge over at The Studio is to create a layout with a vintage theme - this could be with vintage papers, elements, a vintage colour scheme or a vintage photo. Or all of the above! 
I dug out some papers from a couple of old GCD Studios collections (one is 'Paris Nights' but I'm not sure about the other one), which had a vintage feel, and paired them with this photo of Mojo that I ran a vintage action on in Photoshop before printing. Have you ever played with Photoshop actions? Oh my goodness! They're my new addiction - look out for lots of instagram style effects on my photos in the near future, I've just ordered a stack of prints from Snapfish and I think most of them had at least one action run on them before printing! 
I used my Martha Stewart heart confetti punch and a small circle punch to create the confetti (another recent addiction!), and the title is a Kaisercraft rub on.
There are some fabulous pages from the DT this week, along with some additional inspiration from Jenni Bowlin's design team who are joining us for the month of June! It's going to be a fun month and we have a very generous prize - a $25 gift certificate for the JBS store :) Oh, but that's not all... that GC is for THIS challenge only - we have another one to give away for our second challenge on 17th! You'll definitely want to link your projects up this month!
Hope you're all enjoying the Jubilee weekend, even with all the rain! 

4 comments:

Sue said...

aww beautiful photo1 Love your page and those papers.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! LOVING the photo, the hearts and that chevron pattern!

Claireliz said...

Fantastic layout Jules.
C xx

fatmonica said...

It's a lovely layout.I love the stitching and hearts.