Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Being Grumpy

I really enjoyed the June challenge at Truly Madly Crafty! Maxine's challenge is to create a monochrome layout. I decided to put my first Quirky Kit to good use with a cream/yellow/gold colour scheme. 
I love how this turned out - I tried a different technique and piled all my layers together, then glued them top to bottom until I had a layered pile that was separate to the base cardstock. Then I decided where it was going to sit on my background and was able to add the stamping and stitched edges before gluing the two bits together. I'll definitely be doing that again!


The prize this month is an embellishment kit in your choice of colour from the Truly Madly Crafty store, which are perfect for creating monochrome layouts :D 

8 comments:

Yolanda said...

wow this is beautiful, love all the layers

Linda said...

Beautiful layout, gorgeous cat x

stephanie said...

Gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this!! LOVING that cute photo and the sequins!!

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Gorgeous layout as usual! Love this technique - may have to give this one a go! Ann x

Wrightboysmum said...

Love this LO. I'll have to give the layering technique a try as well.

Leo said...

This is so lovely and inspiring! :D
So glad you're enjoying the kits.
x Leo

S said...

This is fabulous. I'm going to have to give it a try.