Monday, 16 July 2012

Cute Little Paws

Here's my layout for the latest challenge at The Studio. Val created one of her fab sketches for us to work with, and I stepped out of my comfort zone (again! I've been doing a lot of that recently) and flipped the sketch so the placement of the title would work better with my photo. 
I just love this photo - it's of my sister's cat, Ginge - I was trying to take photos of her but she was scared of the shutter noise, so I ended up laid on the carpet trying to coax her towards me. I took this shot without really looking, so I was really pleased with how it came out!
I couldn't resist using some more of the Pink Paislee wood veneer alphas, I don't think the packet is going to last long at this rate. There's also lots of Crate Paper buttons and trims, Elle's Studio tags and Papermania papers.
I added a subtitle up in the left hand corner of the layout, I don't think you can see it very well, but it just felt like that area needed a little extra texture, so I pulled out some Lily Bee alpha stickers. 
I hope you'll stop by The Studio and see what the rest of the design team did - there are some lovely layouts as usual! 

6 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Cute little photo and lovely layout Jules. Ann x

fatmonica said...

I really love this layout.The photo is really good and they really give the idea of a cat padding nervously towards you!Love the embellishments and the lettering.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!! LOVING the photo and the layered title work!!!

Ali said...

Pretty. Love that button cluster.

sutty said...

Just hopping around...and you already know this but I love this page :)

Allycat x said...

Paws is a beautiful LO, that and g. go so well together - your sister is a lucky lady to receive those! Beautiful.