Thursday, 12 July 2012

Remember Blakeney

This is my second layout using this month's kit from Ann at The Scrapbook Garden. I had great fun cutting up the chevron patterned paper and piecing it back together before adding loads of doodled stitches. The Bazzill papers are gorgeous - I can't believe I haven't used them before!
I added lots of the stickers around the edge of the photo, and even cut some of the overprint from the backing sheet to create little frames that I tucked under the photo as well. There's also a bit of the text print from the backing sheet on there too - waste not want not!
The photo is of a farmhouse that we rented recently with some friends, in Blakeney, Gloucestershire. If you ever need a house that sleeps 8, in a sleepy little village, just a couple of minutes walk from a Michelin starred restaurant, and on the edge of the Forest of Dean I'd be happy to pass on the details! I don't know the owners, and I certainly won't get commission for passing people their way, I just thought it was a fabulous place :D 

5 comments:

Ali said...

Gorgeous again! I love what you're doing with these papers (and yeah, I had to cut the chevrons out too... couldn't resist the temptation! :lol:)

Ali

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Thanks for creating this beautiful layout Jules. I agree that this Bazzill paper is really lovely to work with and the patterns are fab! Ann x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee the photo and all the chevron papers!!!

fatmonica said...

It's a gorgeous layout.I love the subtle colours on the papers and the chevrons look great.Lovely farmhouse!

S said...

Very cleverly done - I really like the way you've framed your picture!