Saturday, 14 July 2012

Run!

A couple of weeks ago I spotted a grab bag sale on the Elle's Studio website. I love Elle's tags and thought it would be an ideal opportunity to stock up! As the description stated that there would be little overlap between the bags, and it was the same rate of shipping for two bags as it would be for one, I decided to really treat myself - and I'm so glad I did! I popped a couple of photos of the bags on Instagram (I'm julesdix) if anyone wants a nosy, but they were full of bits from various manufacturers, not just Elle's tags :D
I've made three layouts so far, using pretty much just the contents of the grab bags, and I've still got loads left. For this one I used the July sketch at Sarah's Cards, and added the mists that I used for the background. I wasn't sure about the Dear Lizzy ruffle paper when it first came out, but I have to say having seen it in person I love it!
And the Pink Paislee wood veneer alphas? I've been absolutely dying to get my hands on some of those, so I was over the moon when I spotted a pack in one of the bags!
It's challenge time at The Studio tomorrow, so I'll be back with my second layout from the grab bags!

9 comments:

Claireliz said...

Hi Jules, this is gorgeous, I finally scraplifted your "Wonder what you're thinking layout", thanks for the inspiration.
C xx

Allycat x said...

Fabulous LO, love what you've done with the ruffled paper, I wasn't too sure either but may give it a chance now. X

sixofone aka Leah said...

Gorgeous LO. Loving all those buttons

Nat said...

Gorgeous colours and love all the button detail! The ruffle paper looks like a lot of fun too. thanks for joining in the Sarah's Cards challenge xx

Ifa said...

Gorgeous. Love what you've done with the ruffle paper and the buttons are to die for.

Helsbells said...

I like how you've created your own background and the area of buttons too. Thanks for playing along with our challenge!

Tracy said...

Great take on the sketch, and fabulous use of buttons.
Good luck.
T. x

Jenga said...

Great misting. Thanks for taking part in the challenge :)

Jen said...

wonderful page, the misting and the use of the ruffled paper are fab!