Friday, 10 August 2012

Running in the Sunshine

The August challenge is up at Truly Madly Crafty, and this month Maxine has challenged us to take all things summery as our inspiration. I immediately pulled out all of the lovely yellow and orange tones from the Studio Calico 'Heyday' collection, and some Elle's Studio tags, to reflect the colours of summer.
Mojo has stopped posing for me as much (I think she's getting a bit fed up of the camera!), so I'm having to be more inventive with the shots that I take. I got this one by setting my camera on the grass, tilting it upward slightly and firing off several shots as she ran towards me. I love the fact that she's not fully in the frame, but you can see the motion of her running and the edge of her happy smile at the top of the photo.
The title is a combination of alpha stickers and thickers which have been misted with Dylusions spray inks in yellow and orange.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love the colours you have used...the greens and oranges with the woodgrain. Great layout.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!! LOVING the wood grain and that banner!!!

Sue said...

Fab! Love how you have done the title letters - makes it pop.