Sunday, 5 August 2012

Soaking Up The Sun (and Olympic Blog Hop Winner!)

It's Sunday, so that means a new challenge at The Studio, and this week Amanda has challenged us to use a new technique on our layouts. I've noticed a trend for oversized photos recently, so I thought I'd give one a go as my technique.
I picked this photo of Mojo as it has a lot of white space across the top that I could add embellishments to. I had it printed at 12x8 which gave me just a small amount of space to work with at the top of the layout. I chose three coordinating papers from October Afternoon's '9 to 5' collection and arranged them in a sunburst pattern above the photo. I added a strip of washi tape to the top of the photo, and layered up several pieces from the '9 to 5' flower sack and sticker sheet.
The title is a mix of Pink Paislee alpha stickers and wood veneer alphas, and October Afternoon alpha stickers. I've also added a few Studio Calico kraft butterflies. 
Finally I stitched all the way round the edge of the layout. I'd love to say I used my sewing machine, but it seems to have died on me, so all of this was hand stitched! It took forever, but I'd got it into my head that the layout needed some stitching, so I knew I wouldn't be happy with it without any!
I also have the winner from the Olympic Blog Hop - thanks to everyone who visited and left a comment, the Olympics seems to have inspired everyone in loads of different ways, which is great! I've been getting really emotional over it all in the last couple of days! Go Team GB!!
I left it to random.org to choose a winner, and it came up with comment number 18:
Which was Brenda! Congrats Brenda, I'll get your prize to you asap :D

Thanks for stopping by today, make sure you hop over to The Studio, the new team started today and there's some fabulous inspiration!

6 comments:

misteejay said...

What a super LO and that size photo looks so effective.

Toni xx

Monique Liedtke said...

Ohhhhh wow! what a lovely layout!! that photo is so super duper cute!!!! In my pinterest layouts it goes!

Sue said...

Love that photo!! Great page.

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Fabulous ... as always! Ann x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous lo!! LOVING the rays and the flower!! And congrats to Brenda!!!

Karen leonard said...

That is one amazing layout. I love it. The photo is gorgeous and not typical, but still super cute!
Karen x