Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Why I ... Scrapbook

I've been meaning to scrap this photo for a while, but wasn't quite sure how to incorporate it into a layout - that was until I saw the latest challenge at Merly Impressions, which is to create a layout about 'why I scrapbook'.
I combined the photo with lots of Studio Calico 'Heyday' papers, plus wood veneer arrows and alpha stickers, an MME stamp and a shipping tag. The tag is tucked under the photo and contains my journaling.
This photo highlights why I scrapbook perfectly - I enjoy photography, and I love being creative - scrapbooking allows me to combine the two, and I get to preserve memories at the same time - what's not to love!
Don't forget you've still got until Friday to comment on my Studio blog hop post to be in with a chance of winning a page kit!

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hi Jules,

Thank you for entering the merly Challenge. Brilliant layout, love the wood veneer arrows and hidden journaling.

Chrissy xXx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love your lo!! LOVING the circle and the arrows!!!!!

Virginia said...

Gorgeous layout, loving the white space, something I'm not very good at!

Amanda Jones said...

Great use of those heyday papers :) I have some that I need to get scrapping with, maybe I'll be inspired now :)

Sue said...

love your page - yummy colours.

Emilie said...

Lovely layout Jules! Love the colours! Thank you for playing along with us at Merly Impressions and good luck!

Claireliz said...

Stunning page & great reasons for scrapbooking too.
C xx

S said...

Wonderful page and one every scrapper should undertake.