Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Olympic Torch

This is my second layout using the September club kit from Ann at The Scrapbook Garden. I made use of the banner sheet on this layout, layering them up over a strip of patterned paper and a photo.
I had a play with one of the photos that I took of the Olympic torch, and managed to isolate the colour on the torch and turn the rest of the image black and white. I love the way it makes the gold torch stand out! Thanks to one of our amazing Paralympians my home town now has a gold postbox, so I'm going to have to make a trip over at some point to take some photos of that too.
I added some Studio Calico alphas and wood veneer stars to the kit. I originally had gold sequin stars on the layout, but I prefer the extra dimension that the wood veneer shapes give. I think the wood worked better with the papers than the gold did too. 
Thanks for popping in! Layout number three (and my personal favourite) is coming tomorrow :D

3 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Hi Jules - Love this layout. Very clever what you have done with the photograph - only colouring the torch as it makes it really stand out. Thanks for creating this for The Scrapbook Garden using the DT for September. Ann x

misteejay said...

Beautiful LO Jules. The wood certainly works well with the colours you have used and give a hint of a gold colour without being too 'in your face'...great effect.

Toni xx

Anna said...

Love this layout Jules, great stars!