Thursday, 11 October 2012

Playing Ball

I managed a bit of crafty time this afternoon and had a play with the 'Midway' collection from October Afternoon. I decided to base my layout on last Thursday's sketch from the OA blog, I love sketches as a starting point.
I've got the 8x8 paper pad and really like the slightly smaller patterns - I think the grey with the white stars will be cropping up a lot in future layouts, it's gorgeous. 
This is one of those photos that's been sitting around for a while, waiting for the right paper collection. Mojo absolutely loves to play fetch, and often amuses passersby as she trots home proudly carrying her ball in her mouth! It's the way she holds the ball to one side of her mouth with her tongue hanging out of the other side that always makes me smile :)
I cut all the little arrows from one of the papers - which isn't like me at all! I'm normally far too impatient for fussy cutting, but once I'd got the idea in my head I couldn't get it out, so I fiddled about with my little scissors, and I'm quite pleased with the result.
Apologies for the not so great photos, it was dark outside by the time I'd finished, but I knew that if I didn't get it photographed straight away it would sit on my desk for ages :S

5 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Love this lo Jules. The arrows add a little whimsy touch! Ann x

Ali said...

Yes, that grey star paper is gorgeous. Love the title too.

Karen leonard said...

Super layout, i love October Afternoon and love the way you have layered the papers. It looks great.

cannycrafter said...

Love the arrows, well worth the time and effort to cut them out! They add extra detail!

Allycat x said...

Well done for the cutting, especially if its not your usual thing to do! Love that photo though, it may be slobbery but that is a tongue worthy of a fantastic LO! :)