Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Sleeping Beauty or Lazy Gardener?

Phew! Not quite sure what happened to the last couple of weeks, life got a bit hectic there for a while! I haven't managed to fit in much crafting recently, so I thought I'd share this canvas that I made a while ago. It's a flat 8.5x11" canvas, which I've covered in Pink Paislee's 'She Art' collection. 
I took this photo from my front door, angled to the left - I love that this combination of climbing rose and honeysuckle grows over the porch and hides us from the street. Whenever I look through it I feel like Sleeping Beauty in her castle, but the reality is that I'm just a very lazy gardener!
I built up the house shape to reflect the fact that I was looking through the door when I took the photo - I modelled it on the die cuts that come with the collection, but I cut my own versions to make them big enough to fit the photo.
A few alphas and some doodline with a Sharpie, and I was done!
If you're on UKScrappers have you signed up for the CyberCrop? I can't wait!

2 comments:

Claireliz said...

Beautiful canvas Jules, glad you're back in blog land.
C xx

fatmonica said...

Love this layout,especially the title-it's fab!