Monday, 8 October 2012

You Do Know Jellyfish Can Jump?

The latest challenge over at The Studio is to scrap a family related layout - what family means to you. Who do you consider to be your family? Do you have a humorous family anecdote to scrap? Get creative!
As soon as I saw the 'humorous family anecdote' part of this challenge, I knew exactly what I was going to scrap. When my sisters and I were little, we spent our summer holidays as a family in France. This particular photo was taken on the beach at Saint-Jean-de-Monts, where we became fascinated by a jellyfish that had washed up on shore. The three of us were gathered round, leaning over it when my Dad's voice came from behind...'you do know jellyfish can jump? Some of them can get up to 6 feet...' I don't think any of us have run so far, so fast since! Jumping jellyfish have been a running joke in our family ever since (no pun intended!), I don't think we'll ever live it down :D
I used lots of Crate Paper 'Storyteller',with some Thickers, Studio Calico wood veneer and Kesi'Art alpha stickers.
We've been joined by some of the Teresa Collins Design Team for this challenge, make sure you hop over and see what they, and the rest of The Studio DT have done! There's a fab prize up for grabs this month too.

6 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Love the story and the layout of course. That's what scrapbooking is all about really - remembering all those little stories! Ann x

Wendy said...

great story! Love the way you have used the tags behind the photo.

Sue said...

Ha Ha - Dont dads say the daftest things? Great page!

MiniOwner said...

Great story and a great page, too. Thanks for sharing.
Sue x

Claireliz said...

Fab layout & great story.
C xx

S said...

Oh I enjoyed this post. And that layout is very eye-catching.