Sunday, 3 February 2013

J & J

Gosh, it's been rather a long time since I've been here! Life has been very busy over the past month or so, and with the increased activity my desire to play with paper and glue diminished somewhat, and I've been doing a lot more crafting with yarn instead, as I find it easier to pick up for a few minutes and then put down again. Having said that, I sat at my desk this weekend and completed four pages, so it looks like that creative spark may have been reignited! The first page I did was for today's challenge at The Studio - to create a layout about love, with 5 hearts somewhere on the page. 
I'm determined to use up my ever growing stash, so reached into it and pulled out these MME papers from last year to scrap this photo of my husband and I at our wedding. 
I scattered five Studio Calico wood veneer hearts around the page, and finished it with some stamping and buttons (from the same MME range as the paper).
I'll be back to share the other three layouts soon, and if you lovely readers are interested, I'd also like to start sharing some of my crochet projects - what do you think? 
I'm also really enjoying Project Life - I've completed weeks 1-3, and only have little finishing touches to put to weeks 4 and 5. I'm keeping it really simple with lots of photos, which has helped to make the process quite quick. I'm not sure whether I'll be sharing PL here or not, it's still under consideration, but I'd be interested to hear what people think. Do you do PL, and if so, do you share your pages?

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeee the photo and the banner!!

Wendy said...

Love the photo and the embellishment clusters :-)

Katherine (sutty) said...

Gorgeous :) Share PL....I am still trying to work out what I am going to have a go at....I think I want a smaller snap size album so I don't feel so intimidated :)

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Beautiful layout Jules. Ann x

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

This is beautiful - I love the general design, the soft colors and all the little bits and pieces. TFS

Sue said...

love you page - simple and yet stunning :)

Emy said...

Beautiful page. I particularly like the collection of embellishments at the top xx

pysselpetra said...

beautiful page ♥ love the picture as well as the soft tone and sweet decorations

Claireliz said...

This is stunning Jules & yes share the crochet!!! :D
C xx

Scrapalicious said...

Stunning LO.. Going straight into my favourites file.

Maggie said...

Just beautiful, love all you embellishments, the photo is wonderful.