Friday, 3 July 2015

Dusting off the cobwebs

Hello? *taps microphone* Is this thing on? Can anybody hear me?

Gosh. It's been a while since I visited this little corner of blogland. 
You may (or may not) have noticed that I took a break from scrapbooking for a while - I became so immersed in my PhD that there wasn't much room for anything else. Especially because scrapping and academic work share the same desk, and it was getting harder and harder to move my work to scrap, and vice versa. Knitting became my creative outlet - I found it easier to pick up and do for five minutes and then put down again, and I didn't have to move any paperwork to do it. 

But ... I'm not a very fast knitter, so it doesn't give the same sense of immediate satisfaction that scrapping does. Plus, not that long ago we spent an incredible two weeks in the US (where I discovered the joy of Hobby Lobby) and I now have a pile of photos just looking at me, begging to be scrapped. 

So watch this space...

Half Dome through the grass, Yosemite Valley, California

3 comments:

jill said...

Welcome back to blogging & scrapbooking. If only we had Hobby lobby & Michaels here , I think I'd be in them every day . The offers are so good over in America.
Happy crafting & have a good weekend

misteejay said...

Welcome back Jules. Hope you enjoy your scrapping when you get stuck into that pile of photos and I look forward to seeing the results.
Toni xx

sue jones said...

Aww Welcome back :) Looking forward to seeing your pages xx