Saturday, 2 April 2016

Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebration Birthday Card

I've been making lots of cards again recently, so I thought I'd share one with you today that I've created using the Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebration stamp set and Balloon Bouquet punch.
I started with a white card blank, which I stamped directly onto. The Balloon Celebration stamp set includes a couple of gorgeous cloud stamps, and I used the smallest of the two to create my background. I used Pool Party ink and the second stamping technique* to stamp the clouds randomly on the card. I then added the balloon strings and Happy Birthday sentiment in black archival ink.

On a separate piece of white card I stamped a series of balloon images using black archival ink with the outline stamp, and Daffodil Delight ink with the filler stamps to build up the balloon images. I then punched my stamped images using the Balloon Bouquet punch, and added them to the card above the balloon strings. A bow stamped in Daffodil Delight was the perfect finishing touch!

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you like my card :)



*Second stamping technique: ink up your stamp and stamp once onto scrap card before stamping a second time onto your card blank. This gives a paler, less saturated image. 

1 comment:

misteejay said...

Love the card Jules - the balloons look fabulous.
Toni xx